- analysis of theoretical and analytical tools and methods used in the
analysis of connections between OLP and rural development,
- analysis of the link between OLP and rural development : have OLPs
an impact on rural development and to which conditions ? How rural development
can help to re-launch OLPs ? Case-studies.
- environment and sustainability of OLP production and marketing systems
in rural areas,
- impact on employment and income (firms and rural systems): analysis
of the inter-connections between OLP and other economic, social and
cultural activities in rural areas (tourism, craft, industrial activities,
services, etc.); integrated sustainable rural development,
- role of information, transmission, education, formation, training,
- marketing of OLP products in rural areas : the role of rural tourism
and agri-tourism, landscape, and environmental, cultural, artistic resources
in the marketing of OLP products ; new OLP promotional and marketing
methods linked to rural development,
- policies : analysis of public policies affecting the link between
OLP and rural development, with special reference to EU rural development
policies (Agenda 2000, Structural Funds, LEADER) and national-local
rural development policies,
- assessing the legal protection of OLP with regards to EU and WTO regulations
and providing EU with diagnosis of negotiation basis,
- identifying needs for further research.
Two plenary meetings are planned.
In the first meeting, each participant group brings experiences and results
of research activities in its country of origin with reference to previous
mentioned objectives of the WP, and identifies the most important topics
and issues to be developed and deepened for the second meeting of Task1.
The first plenary meeting will give the opportunity to exchange research
results and methodologies, to discuss the main issues in order to meet
the objectives, and to select relevant common issues to be developed.
Development of selected issues will be based on bibliographical research,
discussions and interviews with firms, public institutions and other relevant
operators, information and experience exchanges within WP3 participants.
The second plenary meeting will put together further development of research
activities, and the results of the activity will be brought on to develop
the selected specific issues.
- WP3 report about the state of the art on the basis of meeting minutes,
including bibliographical analysis and special part collecting reports
on selected relevant issues. The report gives also a basic support to
EU for WTO negotiation process.
- Part 3 of the preliminary working document on WTO's negotiation.
Team of the WP 3
- Gilles Allaire,
INRA-ETIC Le Castanet
- Stéphane Boisseaux,
- Antonio Colom,
DGA Zaragoza Spain
- Elisa Montresor,
DESI Verone University
- Marc Mormont,
SEED Arlon Belgium
- Alessandro Pacciani,
DSE University Florence
- Jean-Antoine Prost,
- Jeronimo Corte
Real Santos, email@example.com,
Unit of the animal production
San Torcato Portugal
- Erwin Stucki,
ETHZ Lausanne Switzerland