WP7 has the aim of underlining the key topics on OLP agri-food products
and the implications for EC policies implementation with special reference
to WTO international trade negotiations.
In particular :
- provide EC a clear view on the role of OLPs on rural development,
sustainability, and consumer/citizen welfare,
- provide EC a clear view on the impact of the implemented policies,
- provide relevant recommendations to EC in order to better prepare
and support the negotiation process in the framework of WTO Round regarding
protection and promotion of OLPs,
- assessing the legal protection of OLP with regards to EU and WTO regulations
and providing EU with diagnosis of negotiation basis,
- identifying needs for further research,
- dissemination of final results of the Concerted Action, by providing
documents to WP8.
The Steering Committee will meet together with the responsibles of Task2
WPs (WP5 and WP6) and with responsible (and assistants) of Task3 (WP7)
in order to prepare Task3.
The final international Seminar will consist in contributions made by
the participants on the basis of the WP1 to WP6, and in inviting lectures
prepared in collaboration with known experts in the concerned field, who
will have to read the reports from the workpackages and deliver their
points of views.
Final document with recommendation key topics on OLPs and implications
for EC policies implementation with special reference to WTO international
trade negotiation (month n.36).
- meeting proceedings,
- final recommendation key topics on OLPs and implications for EC policies
implentation with special reference to WTO international trade negotiation.