- analysis of theoretical and analytical tools and methods used in the
analysis of OLP local production systems, of vertical co-ordination
mechanisms among firms, in supply chain and agro-food system analysis,
of local-global connections,
- analysis of local production and marketing systems related to OLP
products (case-studies), differences from production and marketing systems
related to "conventional" or other typologies of high-quality
- environment and sustainability of OLP production and marketing systems,
- impact on employment and income (firms and local systems),
- role of information, transmission, education, formation, training,
- marketing of OLP products : analysis of the different marketing channels
and distribution methods used, modern distribution and traditional marketing
channels, new promotional and marketing methods,
- policies : analysis of public policies affecting the link between
OLP and production and marketing system, with special reference to Common
Agricultural Policy and Agenda 2000, international trade liberalisation,
- assessing the legal protection of OLP with regards to EU and WTO regulations
and providing EU with diagnosis of negotiation basis,
- identifying needs for further research.
Two plenary meetings are planned.
In the first meeting, each participant group brings experiences and results
of research activities in its country of origin with reference to previous
mentioned objectives of the WP, and identifies the most important topics
and issues to be developed and deepened for the second meeting of Task1.
The first plenary meeting will give the opportunity to exchange research
results and methodologies, to discuss the main issues in order to meet
the objectives, and to select relevant common issues to be developed.
Development of selected issues will be based on bibliographical research,
discussions and interviews with firms, public institutions and other relevant
operators, information and experience exchanges within WP2 participants.
The second plenary meeting will put together further development of research
activities, and the results of the activity will be brought on to develop
the selected specific issues.
- WP2 report about the state of the art on the basis of meeting minutes,
including bibliographical analysis and special part collecting reports
on selected relevant issues. The report gives also a basic support to
EU for WTO negotiation process.
- Part 2 of the preliminary working document on WTO's negotiation.