- clarifying the various definitions of OLP in agro-food system in
different European countries, and their relationships with other
typologies of high-quality food products, according to the specifics
of the various scientific disciplines involved (ethnology, economy,
sociology, biology, geography, etc…),
- collecting information about OLPs in different European countries,
and about instruments used till now to "measure"
traditionality and typicity in agro-food system,
- analysing the modalities by which the law in different countries is
defined and protected OLPs, with special reference to the ways and
mechanisms by which each member State has implemented EEC Regulation
- assessing the legal protection of OLP with regards to EU and WTO
regulations and providing EU with diagnosis of negotiation basis,
- identifying needs for further research.
Two plenary meetings are planned.
In the first meeting, each participant group brings experiences and
results of research activities in its country of origin with reference to
previous mentioned objectives of the WP, and identifies the most important
topics and issues to be developed and deepened for the second meeting of
Task1. The first plenary meeting will give the opportunity to exchange
research results and methodologies, to discuss the main issues in order to
meet the objectives, and to select relevant common issues to be developed.
Development of selected issues will be based on bibliographical research,
discussions and interviews with firms, public institutions and other
relevant operators, information and experience exchanges within WP1
The second plenary meeting will put together further development of
research activities, and the results of the activity will be brought on to
develop the selected specific issues.
- WP1 report about the state of the art on the basis of meeting
minutes, including bibliographical analysis and special part
collecting reports on selected relevant issues. The report gives also
a basic support to EU for WTO negotiation process.
- Part 1 of the preliminary working document on WTO's negotiation.