Principal themes of researchs :
- Co-ordination and research in Scotland of the EU European Red Meat
Project, European Commission (1999-2001.
- European Cashmere Project - Research on the potential of cashmere
fibre production as an enterprise diversification on hill farms in Scotland
and Europe. European Commission
(1994 - 1997).
- Education and the Use of Extension Services in Scotland - IERM (1992
- Sustainability of Rural Populations in Scotland - SOAEFD/ SNH/ IERM/
- Pluriactivity in Scottish Agriculture : - Socio-economic trends in
farm families in Scotland. SOAFD (1991 - 1993).
Curriculm vitae :
- Post-school education :
- BSc Agriculture (Hons), University of Dublin (1972-77).
- MSc Geographical Information Systems, University of Edinburgh
- Appointments held :
- 2001 - present Joint coordinator of the UK Sustainable Development
- 1999-2001 Co-ordination and research in Scotland of the EU European
Red Meat Project
- 1997-99 Contract research and organisation of short course for
the University of Edinburgh
- 1994-97 Research Associate - 'European Cashmere Project'
- 1991-93 Research Associate - 'Pluriactivity in Scottish Agriculture'