Principal themes of researchs :
- Sustainable agriculture development in mountain areas.
- Farmers organisations and agriculture policy.
Direction of Research Projects (since 1990)
- (1991/1993) Valorisation of regional resources and products in traditional
agriculture systems (Entre Douro e Minho Region).
- (1997/2.000) Sustainable agriculture development: methodology and
setting of intervention criteria in mountain areas (in colab.).
- (1990/1995) Farmers organisations and agriculture policy.
Curriculm vitae :
- Academic degrees :
- PHD in Agronomy, ISA-UTL, Lisbon 1995;
- Bach. in Psychology, Univ. Paris VII- 1975;
- Forest Engineer, ISA-UTL, Lisbon 1964.
- Present Institution and Position : DEESA (Department of Statistics
and Agriculture Economy and Sociolology) /EAN -INIA Lisbon
- Present position : "Investigador Principal" 1999/2001;
- Previous position : "Investigador Auxiliar" 1995/1999;
"Especialista" 1987/1995 .
- Previous experience :
- Director of DEESA (Department of Agriculture Economics and Sociological
Studies)/ INIA 1976/87 Lisbon.
- Member of Agriculture Minister staff, Lisbon 1975/76; Agriculture
Economist SEMA/METRA International, Paris/ Argel 1970/72.
- Grant holder ASTEF and F.C.Gulbenkian at SARES/SEMA 1968/70, Paris.
Forestry Officer, FAO, Rome, 1965/68.