Principal themes of researchs :
- Structure and dynamics of the agro-industrial system. Analysis of
the structural characters and the evolution of modern agro-industrial
systems by means of different theoretical and analytical tools. Main
- filière (supply chain) analysis at national and local level,
with special reference to Tuscany and flowers, ornamental plants,
- evolution of agro-industrial system at national and local level,
of its components and of vertical relationships between different
supply chain phases.
- Quality and typical products in the agro-food system. Connected to
the above mentioned themes of general evolution of agro-industrial systems
and vertical coordination mechanism between firms, another main theme
of interest is quality in agro-food system, with special attention on
typical products. In particular the analysis has been focused on the
role of firms territorial proximity and organisational structures in
the construction of agro-food typicity and on the relationship between
rural (endogenous) development and typical products.
- Credit as a tool of agricultural policy for the support and development
of agricultural and agro-industrial firms with special reference to
local systems. In particular three main topics have been deepened :
- description and critical analysis of the EU and Italian normative
- theoretical analysis (neo-institutional approach) on potentials
and limits in the use of credit as a tool to support agriculture;
- empirical evidence through the analysis of selected case studies.
- 1989 : Degree in Economics (University of Rome, Italy), final thesis
on Issues on International Loans after the abolition of the State Monopoly
on Foreign Currency Exchange
- 1990 : Teaches Financial Maths in Business High School
- 1995 : PhD in Agricultural Economics (Università di Bologna),
thesis on Agricultural Credit in the new normative and institutional
context : from the theory of financial intermediation to practice.
Member of the Italian Agricultural Economics Association
(SIDEA - since 1996), of the European Association of Agricultural Economists
(EAAE - since 1997), of the Italian Horticultural Society (SOI - since
Position : Research assistant in Agricultural Economics (University of
Florence, Department of Economics) since 1994.